Sunday, March 28, 2010

"That's what it is all about"

My week of playing stay at home mom has come to an end. Spring break is over and tomorrow it is back to work. I wish I had some wonderful story involving the beach, a sunburn, or something else equally interesting, but I don’t. No, I will go back to work tomorrow the same pasty white color I was when I left! I did however have a wonderful week with my kids. We were busy, yet at the same time it doesn’t seem like we accomplished much.

Friday the kids and I picked up my grandfather and took him to lunch. Titan picked the place, yes it was McDonald’s. While in line ordering I sat Liddy down, in her car seat. An older man asked if he could “take a look at her.” “Sure”, I said. Liddy gazed up at him flashing her very cute grin. As I looked back at the man, he had tears in his eyes. “That’s what it is all about,” he said. Now, with tears in my eyes, I said nothing, afraid if I did the tears may cut lose. He walked off and I couldn’t help but agree with him. That, my baby girl and her beautiful smile, is what it is all about.

1 comment:

Mariss said...

This is so precious, Kel. He's absolutely right, this is what life is all about :)