Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Look-a-Like

Friday was my stepmother’s birthday. For all birthdays I have Titan make his own card to give. So Friday after work we got hard to work on making her card. With age and practice Titan has gotten pretty good at making his cards. Since there was no way that Liddy could make her own card I purchased one for her. Titan signed her name to it. The Y in Liddy was above the rest of the letters but he did make a good effort.

As I was putting the card inside the envelope I hear a frantic WAIT! What I asked. Titan says very sternly “Birthday cards have to have money in them!” Could this be a clear sign that this boy is spoiled?! It is true that almost every birthday card he has opened in his life has had money in it. I tried to explain to him that birthday cards didn’t have to have money in them but he was already running off to his room. Soon he came back with a stack of money. Thankfully, it was his “Old McDonald” (McDonald’s) play money. He proudly picked out a $20 bill and placed it inside the card.

We loaded up the kids and headed to my dad’s house to deliver the cards. My birthday is still a couple of weeks away but I did receive an early gift. My stepmother made me a scrapbook. In it were pictures of me and my dad from the day I was born on. The very last page was a picture of my dad with both Titan and Liddy. I couldn’t help it, I had tears in my eyes. It was a very special gift and one I will cherish for the rest of my life.

One picture in particular peeked my interest. It was a picture of me about Titan’s age. He looks just like me! I showed it to Titan and asked him who is was. His response, “Am I am girl?” I guess he thought it looked like him to. Now I am just a little concerned that he thinks he might be a girl!

    
     

1 comment:

Carri said...

Holy crap!! He is definately your twin!!