Monday, March 22, 2010

Liddy's 4 Month Well Check

Miss Liddy had her 4 month well check today. Yes, she is almost 5 months old, add this to the con side of being a working mom, I am always behind on the kid’s doctor appointments. She is 14lbs 4 oz and 25 ¾” long. The nurse said she was the prettiest baby that comes in there, I am sure every baby is the prettiest but I happen to agree. She had to get 3 shots, poor girl, but she took it like a champ. I thought Titan was going to cry watching her get stuck with those needles. He wasn’t very happy about it.

Before the doctor’s appointment I took the kids to Tumbleweed. Titan hardly ever sits into a booster seat but today the waitress asked if he wanted one and he said yes. She helped him in it and scooted him up to the table. He said, “Mom look at me, I’m like 10!” Every time we are in a public place Titan has to go to the bathroom, I am convinced he is obsessed with public restrooms! He had to go and wanted to go by himself in the boy’s bathroom. I first said no and then the thought of dragging Liddy and all of our stuff into the bathroom was more than I wanted to do. We were sitting right next to the bathrooms so I said okay. As soon as he got out of my sight panic set in. So I snatched up Liddy and headed after him. I rounded the corner as I saw the men’s restroom door closing. Liddy and I stood right at the door, trying to listen, right as I was about to barge right in, the door opened and out came my little boy with a huge smile on his face, “I did it all by myself Mommy!” “You sure did honey.” As my stomach settled from being panicked that something might have happened to him!

After we ate, Titan spotted the stack of booster seats, he picked up the seat he had been using and ran off to add it to the stack. Why can’t he do that at home? On the way out the door the hostess told us to have a good day. Titan said “Thank you!” “That was nice”, I said. “Mommy if you don’t say thank you you don’t get to come back!” I was cracking up. That is something that I am sure has come straight from Travis.

After Tumbleweed we went to Target. I am in search of green sheets. Not just any green but the green color that is in my head! I still haven’t figured out why people can’t see what I see! I want to re-do Titan’s room and I have found a grey colored comforter and I want green sheets. No place has them, they have every other shade of green except for the perfect shade that can only, apparently, be seen in my head! While we were in there Titan wanted to look at DVD’s he found one he wanted. “The Sandlot” it’s a baseball movie. He carried it around in the store and said, “Daddy is going to LOVE this!” I was thinking more along the lines of daddy is going to kill mommy for buying you a movie. Thankfully, it was only $5.00. Surely, Travis will think this is a good deal and would have bought it too. You see, Travis will buy ANYTHING if it’s a “good deal!”

1 comment:

Amyc47167 said...

Love your blog Kelly.......just wanted you to know that Chance got hooked on The Sandlot at about Titans age and he is still watching it!