Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mr. Direct TV Guy

My day started with a phone call from Direct TV telling me that a technician would be arriving at my house between 8am and 10am. Thanks for narrowing that down I thought to myself. Originally the time was from 8am-12pm. Then not 15 minutes later I get another phone call saying the technician would be arriving within 30 minutes. (just come on, I know you are coming, quit making me find the phone!) I then set to work making sure my house was at least a little presentable. I dusted the box they would be replacing and cleaned up 3 ladybugs that had managed to find their way to my floor overnight. Then I found the air freshener. I do have 2 kids and lots of poopy diapers these days so I thought it couldn’t hurt. Then a knock at the door, in came the technician. Why did I bother with the air freshener?! In comes a walking ashtray. Wonderful. Mr. Direct TV guy spent most of the day with us. I hate that. Now we have a new HD box and a DVR. I have to admit I don’t see much difference between HD and regular, probably because I need glasses. It seems that the cost of these new TV’s continue to snowball!



After Travis got home from work we went to Home Depot to get materials for my new TV cabinet Travis says he is going to make. It has been awhile since we have had a house project to do. Walking through the store I realized how much I missed having a house to remodel. Travis and I have pretty much gutted two houses now. We fought through every second of it but after it was over I know we both missed working on them together. So tomorrow I will draw up the plans for the shelving because that is what I do. Sometime in the near future Travis will try to build the shelves his way, because that is what he does. We will see how the finished project turns out and more importantly who wins!

No comments: