Monday, March 8, 2010

Morning Greetings

As I said in my first post, my working mom “pro” and “con” list is equally full. I added a few more to that list today!

The first “con” comes at about 6:15 each morning. That is when I get my kids up to take them to Carri’s. I absolutely hate the thought of waking my sleeping babies and dragging them out into the cold. (Although, it is getting warmer outside, hooray for that!) Once I do go into Liddy’s room I am quickly faced with a beautiful “pro”. I lift her out of bed and she stretches her arms above her head, already grinning. Then she opens her big blue eyes and gives me the most beautiful smile. It melts my heart. She is such a happy baby!

Then, it’s on to Titan’s room to get my little monster out of bed! No, I can’t say that Titan’s morning greeting is quite as sweet as Liddy’s!

This seems to be the reoccurring theme:


Titan: “Where are we going today?”

Me: “Jaxson’s”

Titan: “I want to go to Pa Hauger’s” (this is what he calls my dad)

Me: “Not today”

 
Titan: “You never let me go” (He and Travis visit nearly daily!)

 
Me: Silence….I have learned not to argue with him.

At this point we are usually at the car. Then he tells me: “Mommy, don’t forget to turn off the light, it costs money and Daddy will be mad.” (Did I mention he is just like Travis?!)

Nearly every morning when I hand off my kids to Carri, Titan says in his sweet little voice, “Bye Mommy” and my heart melts all over again! Then starts my mad dash to work, because you see, I am almost always running late!

Check out Carri’s blog post today entitled Friends. This added another pro to my working list!


My kids are building friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. This time next year I bet Laney will have her very own tag-a-long, named Liddy.

No comments: