Saturday, March 6, 2010

Boys Go With Boys, Girls Go With Girls.

Today was a boys go with boys, girls go with girls kind of day. Travis and Titan woke up early and were out the door. Not, however, before Titan could tell me, “Today, boys go with boys and girls go with girls, you are staying home with Liddy.” It’s nice when a 4 year old sets the agenda for the day! Little Miss Liddy slept until almost 10:00. Then we enjoyed the beautiful sunshine! She laughed and cooed as I took her and her bouncy seat around the house so I could wash windows and do laundry. I love seeing the sunshine come in a perfectly clean window! I could still see two mounds of snow, now we are down to one. Hopefully the sun will melt that away tomorrow! I can’t wait for warm weather.

My grandfather stopped by today. He lives right next door to us and yet we don’t see him nearly enough. He adores Liddy, and Titan too, but for some reason his eyes light up when he sees her. I felt bad that she was asleep when he got here. Luckily, she woke up on her own before he left. It is so neat to have my newborn baby girl and my 90 year old grandfather in the same room.

After Travis and Titan returned Liddy had another first. We sat out on the back porch and watched the boys play in the yard. I realized that in her 4 months of life it was the first time she had been outside for longer than to get in and out of a car. Thank goodness for the sunshine!

Later, I looked out my back door to see this!



Yes, at first I wasn’t sure whether to call the fire department or not, but quickly realized it was just the boys doing what they do best. Making messes and starting fires! I wondered if Travis thought about that fence row full of trees that leads right back to our house before he lit the limbs on fire, my guess is probably not! (I can't wait till this view includes green grass and green leaves!) After deciding it was probably best not to watch I went back to playing with Liddy and doing laundry. Then, another sound peeked my interest, going again to the back door. I watched as Titan was driving the four wheeler by himself.  Yes, my 4 year old son, driving the four wheeler by himself. As if the playing with fire wasn’t bad enough! I think we can also rule out Titan being an Olympian, considering after he stopped the fourwheeler and jumped off he fell flat on his face, he can’t stick a landing.  (Before someone calls CPS, Travis was walking along side of him!)  
Liddy and I enjoyed the day in our pajama's, no makeup or hairbows for us today.  I love Saturdays like this especially after a busy work week! 

No comments: