Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shopping with 4

Yesterday the four of us when on a shopping trip! This doesn’t happen very often. Usually I find it much easier to take both kids by myself, or find a babysitter so Travis and I can go together, adding my wonderful husband to the mix of 2 kids and a store is usually a recipe for disaster! Part of this probably stems from my assumption that that we will now be playing one on one defense instead of me just playing zone! In actuality, it now becomes 3 on 1 and I usually lose! However on this trip we were going to be shopping for all of Titan’s gear for T-Ball. I figured this might be something that Travis would want to be a part of and probably had a little more expertise than I. To my surprise it went great! (Well great might be a tad of an overstatement, but considering the possibilities it when great!)

I never realized how expensive everything could be, of course, we didn’t get the $179 bat, we got the $20 bat. We did not get the $60 batting helmet, we got the $20 one and so on. Yes, my son gets the cheapest version of everything I guess he best get used to it now! Still yet we spent $103.00. Travis had 2 coupons for $10 off $50. He handed both to the cashier. He was told he could only use one. Travis’s response, “Well take it all back, ring it up separate, and then let me use both of them.” The cashier looked at him like he might punch him in the face, but did exactly as he asked. Liddy and I decided to take a walk, from a safe distance I looked back to see Titan’s excited face watching the man put all his new gear into the sack. It was so sweet and made me smile. Walking out of the store, Travis obviously very proud of himself announced that “I showed him didn’t I, I got $103 worth of stuff for $83. I scored.” Slightly annoyed but yet somewhat proud of him, I responded by, “You sure did, honey.”

After the T-Ball shopping was over we decided to go TV shopping. A week ago Travis turned the TV on and it had a rainbow of green and pink on it. With it being ‘March Madness” and all this was unacceptable to Travis. I have to admit it was a little annoying watching a game when each player had one pink and one green shadow of themselves following them around. Once in the store the boys got a little sidetracked watching the new 3D version of Monsters vs. Aliens. I am really not sure who enjoyed it more.

Poor Liddy was carried around the store in her car seat for nearly 2 hours.  After trying to put the stroller in the trunk at the first stop Travis decided it was too much of a pain and he would just carry her. After about 2 hours in HH gregg I think he was reconsidering. We came home with not one but two T.V.'s. I'm still not sure how that happened, but I am seeing a new house project in the works, I am thinking shelving to hold the TV and all my books! 

1 comment:

Carri said...

Only Travis would make the sales clerk ring it up as two transactions! I do give him credit though...pretty thrifty!! Dave would be so proud! LOL