Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Little Background

After reading my friend’s blog I was inspired to start my own. If for no other reason I hope it helps to put daily life into perspective and help to remember those everyday occurrences that are so easily forgotten.

Some things you will probably learn pretty quickly about me. I love my kids with all my heart and soul. They have truly made my life worth every minute. My husband and I have a great life, we are very lucky. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, aside from my kids. I constantly struggle with the work/family balance. I feel guilty when I am working and I feel guilty when I am not. One more thing I might as well warn you about now, you will probably hear a political rant or two every now and then...I have many opinion’s and not all are popular.

Just some background….

Travis and I have been married for 5 and ½ years. We have a great relationship, by great I do not mean perfect. We fight, we argue, he infuriates me to no end. But then, just when I think to myself what was I thinking I realize that he is pretty wonderful. He supports me and all my crazy ideas. He isn’t afraid to question my motives and strengthen my arguments. He really does bring out the best, and only sometimes, the worst in me. I know I am a better person because of him. Most importantly, I love him with everything I am and thanks to him I am blessed with two beautiful children.

Four years ago, my son Titan arrived. He has been a stinker from the start. He changed our lives forever and in the most wonderful way. He is so much like his daddy it is scary. I am either told he looks just like my husband or just like my brother. I have to admit he resembles both. It is amazing watching him learn and grow.

Liddy, our sweet baby girl, is four months old. She has been such a good baby. I have been told over and over I will pay for this later, probably when she is a teenager! Fingers crossed she will stay as sweet as she is now forever. (no, I am not really that naive!)

I am a working mom, this makes me feel proud and feel extremely guilty at the same time. I constantly question if I am making the right decision. My pro and cons list is equally full! I want to teach my son that he can be whatever he wants to be but it is important to be responsible and take care of his family one day. Yet, I want to teach my daughter that she can also be anything she wants to be and to never depend on anyone else to take care of her. It’s a double standard I know.

It is my life and it’s a good life, maybe even a great life. It is not extraordinary, maybe not even interesting but it is mine and I am happy to have it.

2 comments:

Carri said...

YAY!!! I'm glad you started a blog too!! Plus I'm your first follower!!

Stephanie Keltner said...

That was great!! We love to hear about our friends lives. I understand the work/mother stuggle. You will make the right decision for you family. Your are doing the best for your kids and that is all that matters. Keep it coming!!