Sunday, March 14, 2010

"I know Already!"

Saturday was another boys go with boys and girls go with girls day. This has become pretty common in our household. Titan has become daddy’s boy. He wants to go everywhere with Travis. He wants Travis to give him a bath, to tuck him in at night, and to get him snacks and juice. This is just fine with me. I have had all of those duties for most of his life.

As Liddy and I left, Travis and Titan were in the yard picking up all the limbs from the trees. (More to come on this topic, I am heartbroken over my trees!) Knowing that Travis would be using the chainsaw I was a little concerned about leaving Titan. I told Titan that he had to be very careful and stay far away from Daddy when he was using the chainsaw. I went on and on about not getting to close. Finally Titan looks at me and says, “I know already!” I guess I got my message across.

Liddy and I did some shopping with mom and then had a nice lunch with my aunt. Liddy was pretty much over the car seat and shopping by the time we sat down for lunch so she was a little fussy. But despite a fussy baby we had a nice time.

Later, Travis and I attempted a date night. We love this little hole in the wall restaurant that is a knock off of Olive Garden. Anytime we don’t have the kids this is usually the place we end up. We parked the car, got out, walked all the way to the front door, and it wasn’t till then that we noticed that our favorite little restaurant is now a takeout pizza place! Ugh! So we went to Walmart instead…

Sunday has been another lazy day, my favorite kind. The house got about ½ clean and the laundry and dishes are done. The kids bags are packed for Carri’s tomorrow and we are ready to start another work week.

No comments: