Sunday, March 7, 2010

Secret

Today the four of us attended a dinner in support of a friend of ours who is running for re-election. I was reminded of something I have always known. There are good people trying to do what is best for our community. Although, he is firmly on the right of the political spectrum and I firmly on the left, I know that his motives are true and his leadership is needed in our community.

While we were at the dinner today, I was telling Titan to sit up, sit still, and be quite. Then, he told me he needed to tell me a secret. I admit, I was a little annoyed but leaned down to listen to his secret. His secret was, “I love you.” Nothing like your 4 year old making you feel incredibly guilty, but it was also so sweet.

On another note, one thing I have been trying to work on is not wishing my life away. Not wishing it was Friday and the end of the work week. In turn, I also am trying not to waste my Sunday evenings wishing I didn’t have to go to work the next day. Probably, by the mere fact that I am discussing this on my blog on a Sunday evening is a clear indication I still have a lot of work to do!

No comments: