Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shopping for Easter

I spent the morning shopping for the kids Easter baskets. This proved more difficult than I expected. First, I went to Walmart. You would have thought it was Christmas Eve! Nuts! I couldn’t decide what to get them, you see the grandparents in our lives go slightly overboard when it comes to holiday gifts. Since some of them will be reading this blog, I will leave it at that. ;)

For gifts for any holiday I try to focus on something they need. The problem, they don’t need anything. Next, I focus on something cheap this is due to the questioning I will receive when I return. The first question is always, “How much did that cost?” Now it comes from not one but two, Travis and Titan! The next obstacle is finding cheap stuff that is somewhat meaningful and doesn’t look to cheap.

So here is how it started. I found Liddy a teething ring. It met my criteria:


1. Need. Check.

2. Cheap. I found one for $1, slightly concerned about the fact it was made in China but…Check

3. Meaningful. Check.


Next came Liddy’s formula. This almost made the criteria. She needed it, but it wasn’t cheap. However we were going to have to buy it anyway so why not pass it off as a gift. I mean if it was good enough for Santa Claus it should be good enough for the Easter Bunny!

Right now Titan is all about John Deere Tractors and T-ball. Since I know that we must own every John Deere Tractor ever made I decided to focus on the T-Ball. I found the baseball section and picked up a few T-ball’s for him. I just recently learned that there is a special ball for T-ball. I wonder if there truly is a need for a different ball or just a way for the baseball manufactures to make more money? My guess is money!

Here is where I didn’t live up to my criteria. Cutting down an aisle to get to the egg dye section I came across a stuffed animal section. This is absolutely something that neither of my kids need. Titan already has: bear, puppy, doggie, lamie, baby and blanky to gather up before bed! But that’s when the designer in me came out. I saw an adorable black and white striped bear that would look perfect in Liddy’s room! As I picked it up, putting it into the cart something caught my eye. It was the color green, not just any green, but the color green that has been in my head, the color green I was in search for! Except it wasn’t sheets, it was a stuffed frog! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, I thought to myself, knowing that if I bought this frog, it would be one more stuffed animal that I would have to track down before Titan would go to bed at night. I walked away. But, then I walked back. So tonight the Easter Bunny will leave Titan a stuffed frog and from now till the time Titan gets big enough to think sleeping with stuffed animals is un-cool, every night at bedtime I will be cursing the day I bought this frog!

2 comments:

Sherry Cress said...

It could be very possible that Hayden is getting that same frog. Just too cute to leave on the self! Have a Happy Easter!!! And I can relate with the stuffed animals at bedtime and I have two that do it!

Pam Williams said...

FYI..Tball's are different, not as hard & they bounce...the 1st time someon gets hit...you will be glad!